SwiftPic has helped dozens of companies achieve their goals.
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides products and services to pets and pet owners. Increasing ecommerce demands and retail store expansion meant Petco had to rethink picking, productivity and effect use of real estate in their warehouses.
- Initial multiple module Pick-to-Light system deployed in several distribution centers
- WMC integration lead to the first sites with picking sleds
- Each module is equipped to batch pick with picking sleds and Bluetooth scanners
- Comprehensive labor management and dynamic zone configuration while continuing picking operations ( not sure what this means?
Phase 1 – Over 50% labor reduction
Phase 2 – Additional 25% increase in production. Accuracy increased to 99.98%. Able to consolidate operations into single building.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America; serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers, operating in over 5200 locations. Rapid growth and accommodating over 13,500 items meant the company needed to focus on productivity, accuracy and getting inventory to customers in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Pick-to-light system initially installed in multiple pick modules, with over 13,500 SKU’s picked with Bluetooth scanners
- Upgraded to picking-sleds leading to significant cost savings, productivity and accuracy gains, and improved customer satisfaction
Phase 1 – Over 50% labor reduction
Phase 2 – Production and accuracy gains equivalent to a 25% cost reduction. Accuracy increased to 99.98%.
Compass Group North America is a leading foodservice and support services company, maintaining over two thousand vending machines and unmanned kiosks through a network of small distribution centers. With over 107 centers nationwide, Compass needed an enterprise solution to control all facilities, while accommodating two simultaneous methods of picking.
- Install the enterprise edition of Swiftpic OEM with pick-to-light batch capabilities, pick and pass system and RF terminal picking. Including specific bar code labels for each service route,
- Configure SwiftPic for each site under one enterprise solution
- Enable WMC’s data analysis for pre-slotting.
- Process included analysis of thirty million lines of order history, modeling productivity and ROI of each facility as well as facility design and layout.
Enterprise solution allowed multiple facility simultaneous control of both pick-to-light and RF zones.
An enterprise network model that can determine overall demand with rollout scheduling.
Reduction in trucks on road and route drivers
End of day truck inventory reduced from 2.5 days to 0 days
Archway is a leading provider of marketing logistics, fulfillment services and supply chain management solutions. With multiple customers in dozens of industries, Archway needed designs to include real-time interface, lot control and increased pick rates of over 400 lines per hour in small distribution center footprints.
- A flexible, accurate system of picking carts, a 30 bay carton flow and inspection/weight station allows 10 consecutive pickers in 30 bays without congestion or errors.
- This system can substitute SKU’s, lot numbers and locations on the fly, virtually eliminating short picks.
Increased average pick lines per hour to over 400. Peak pick rates can be as high as 550 lines/hour.
Accuracy rates increased to 99.98%
PVH’s Los Angeles distribution center is the primary facility for all ties and neckwear for the U.S. PVH needed a solution to handle the consolidation into one warehouse, deal with holiday peaks and new product releases, and in a warehouse with no expansion capability. This new solution needed to be functional for many years.
- Four put zones configured for both conveyor and pallet delivery. Each zone has 600 locations
- Scanning one item also indicates the quantity for all store locations
- Order completion notification
- Completed order box is pushed to backside of put system where packer places on takeaway conveyor
PHV operators can exceed over 2,000 units per hour within a small footprint.
Peak demand and new product scaling without affecting normal service levels
Medtronic is a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions and operates in over 140 countries worldwide. Medtronic planned a high throughput, largely automated facility in Memphis TN, designed to simultaneously process picks and puts in the same zone with a single operator and a sophisticated WCS integration. Requirements that other pick-to-light suppliers could not meet.
- SwiftPic dynamically allocated bin locations to as-needed inventory and orders.
- A unique configuration process now enables simultaneous picks and puts in a single zone with a single worker
Exceptionally high productivity and accuracy goals have been achieved.